Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms #07 Garnet Lapis

With Garnet Lapis the phrase "Rainbow in a Bottle" could never be truer! This polish reminds me of an oil slick that reflects every colour in the spectrum! It is absolutely bewitching! I was mesmerised while I stared at my hands trying to determine just how many colours this beauty was going to reveal! I'm not sure I would have chosen the name Garnet Lapis for this polish due to the fact that red is not a particularly dominant colour within the polish, however it certainly is present. I took a million photos (alright, maybe not a million...) in the attempt to capture each shade within this polish to show you its versatility. Quite a difficult task, I assure you! I managed to get a representation of the most dominant shades, but at the expense of clarity in many cases, and in some shots I look like a resident of Springfield! So ladies, please look beyond the flaws in my photography to see the beauty within the beast!

(Photo with bottle coming soon!)

This shade took three coats for complete opacity, but it was a smooth application!


Photographs taken in artificial light. This image illustrates the dominant teal aspect of the polish.


Photograph taken on an alternate angle to show the Bright Cerulean within the polish


Photograph taken on an alternate angle to show the dominant azure within the polish


Photograph taken on an alternate angle to show the ultramarine within the polish


Photograph taken on an alternate angle to show the regalia purple within the polish


Photograph taken on an alternate angle to show the dominant electric purple within the polish - but I didn't quite manage to capture the true shade. Instead I got a photo half-way between two of the shades that this polish displays - electric purple and tyrian


Photograph taken on an alternate angle to show the carmine red within the polish. It was difficult to capture this aspect of the polish, and this image was unfortunately the best I could manage. On the angles that the polish appears carmine it also morphs into russet and bronze


Photograph taken on an alternate angle to show the duo-chrome effect of this polish. This image shows three distinct shades, but it is not uncommon to see up to five shades at one time!

I will be listing all the prisms I have available on OZtion for any Australian ladies interested in owning one! I will also be offering them for trade on MakeupAlley and in Vibrant V's Petite Boutique in the near future for anyone, anywhere!

3 comments:

  1. This shade is nothing short of amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, I have "Ruby Emerald", it is so old, I need to dig it out and swatch it, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jade: I KNOW! I was blown away by this one! :)

    Jackie: Thank you! I'll be swatching Ruby Emerald in the not-too-distant future too! :)

    ReplyDelete